Creek 2 man pontoon ?? - Fly Fishing Forum
Inflatable Watercraft Rafts, pontoon boats, kickboats, etc.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-15-2005, 09:38 AM

Creek 2 man pontoon ??

Hi All,
Is anyone here fimilar with the Creek Co ODC 1220 two man inflatable pontoon fishing boat??
If so what do you think of them, any problems? thanks Jerry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2005, 01:29 PM

Jerry,
I am not familiar with the specific model you are interested in. However, I did have the opportunity to borrow a friends Outcast two person pontoon and am glad that I did! There were several issues that after having rowed, and fished, that I did not care for. First entry and egress from the craft for the person rowing was cumbersome at best. In fact, it was a major pain in the rear. Second, only the person in the bow can fish comfortably from the boat even if anchored in safe water casting to a pod of fish. Perhaps if the craft had a full floor that allowed both anglers to stand comfortably and safely things could have been different.

Personally, after having rowed and fished the two person pontoon set up I would not buy one unless the above issues were corrected by different flooring/frame design. If I were to buy a two person pontoon set up I would pursue a true white water craft with a matching frame and floor.

Chris
Old 04-15-2005, 03:35 PM

Thanks Criss,

I was wondering about that, there is an optinal rowers floor and seat riser that should make it more casting friendly. Jerry
Old 04-24-2005, 06:06 PM
Thumper of Drum.

Send a message via AIM to Jamey McLeod Send a message via MSN to Jamey McLeod Send a message via Yahoo to Jamey McLeod
I own it, great boat. I have never had two people in it. I have taken the front seat out and moved the rowers seat forward and the casting deck back. Works great, takes less than 2in of water with just myself in it. I would suggest anybody buys it.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:31 PM

Thanks, I went over to Cabella's and picked one up saturday, took about an hour for me to put it together as 2 man but think I will set it up as a 1 man and give it a try that way. Am impressed by the heavy construction of the frame.
now to get it out on the lake. Jerry
Old 02-08-2006, 02:23 PM

two man pontoon

Jerry how did you like your 2 man pontoon ,i was thinking of purchasing one for fishing rivers around by me ,is it a pain to have to row and fish ,how does the anchor work in moving water,thanks Chris

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.