Fly tying materials - Fly Fishing Forum
Getting Started The only dumb question is the one not asked

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2005, 07:56 AM

Fly tying materials

I am new to the art of fly tying and was wondering where the are some of the best places to purchase fly tying materials. I am looking for good selections, fast shipment time and of course good quality. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2005, 08:18 AM
Fly chucker

You can get some great materials from any of our sponsor flyshops via phone order. Most of them also have online sites to do internet orders. Shipment is usually very prompt.

You can find a link to a list of all our sponsors at the top of each page. If you need more info than this, I can provide via PM.

Good luck, and welcome to fly tying.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:07 PM
Pullin' Thread

There used to be a very good fly shop in Roanoke that had an excellent selection of tying materials. I don't know if it is still in business or not and I don't remember its name, although it did have Roanoke in its name. Northern Virginia should have some fly shops around and it would be worth your effort to find them.

I recommend going to a shop to check out materials and ask questions on how to use them since you are a new tyer. This will save you a lot of frustration and keep you from buying materials that you will very seldom use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.