Fly Fishing Forum banner

Odc 1220?????

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  HookUp 
#1 ·
Anybody have one of these??? Anybody try to beak it down to a one man craft????

any input would help.

#2 ·
ODC1220

:) I have an ODC1220 and it's the greatest thing since fire! I float the Watauga River in E. Tennessee. I have not configured it for one man but will try that this summer.
The only major problem I have had is it is just a little cumbersome for one person to handle loading and unloading. I trailer it on a small kit trailer from Northern Hydraulics. My usual fishing partner, my wife is not strong enough to help much with the loading. When we float we have to shuffle with two vehicles, but have only one trailer. I will eventually add another trailer and want to add rollers and a winch to each.
I have added a small platform to the rowing position so I can stand behind the front seat to cast. I also want to add a front anchor system for those spots with current/wind to keep the boat from swinging back and forth on the rear anchor. I have also added home made oar holders to keep the oars out of the way when anchored.
I can post pics if you like.

#3 ·

Here is VA we have a few guys who've gotten the ODC1220, replaced the tubes w/ Aire, and slide the frame up higher on the tubes than the manual recommends for balance and use as a one-man pontoon.

Versitile craft will work nicely as both a one and two man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.