Departing to Cancun in August, need guides and advice please! - Fly Fishing Forum
Bonefish, Tarpon, and other Obsessions Turquoise water, silver demons on the fly

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-2004, 11:38 PM

Departing to Cancun in August, need guides and advice please!

I posted this in another part of this site but I was told I would get some helpul advice in here.

I will be departing to Cancun for my honeymoon on August 8th 2005, and would love to ask for some advice from some of you who have visited the area, on what I should plan for, what I need to bring, who I can get in contact with for guides, and any other information you guys/gals may have to offer for me.

I'm farily new to the fly fishing scheme but I am planning on doing some fishing on my honeymoon with my wife. I plan to pursue bonefish or anything else that I can get my hands on that I obviously cannot from my local Colorado waters.

I have been in the process of looking for a rod/reel combo and so far I am liking the look and the waranty of the Cabela's SLi series 10 weight rod with the Cabela's SR reel. However I am not even sure I will even need to bring along a rod with me. Or if you guys/gals suggest that I do, would that rod be a good choice?

I would like to get set up with a deep sea fishing guide for some big game fishing, but also a guide for fly fishing for my wife and I. Any other advice or help you guys/gals can give me would be greatly appreciated! I will be staying at Beach Palace Hotel. If you look on the map it is located about a 1/4 of the way down on the East side: http://www.cancun-map.com/map_cancunzh_ing.asp

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2005, 08:27 PM

contact capt. RODMAN HUNTER.... only guide i know and fish in the cancun lagoons area,,, give him a yell soon cause allways busy and hard to get,,, cancunflyfishing.com.... see what happends,,,, good luck and tight lines
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.