Washington lakes/creeks times? - Fly Fishing Forum
The Quintessential Trout Trout angling is the core of flyfishing worldwide.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-24-2004, 11:25 AM
Neil

Send a message via MSN to Havok
Talking Washington lakes/creeks times?

I'm very newb to Fly'n but I'm also very excited to start. Buuuuuuuuuuut
My fishing buddy who is teaching me has gone on a tank job in Idaho and won't be back for a month,

so long story short I don't know where to fish, what fly to use and when to use them. Is it some thing I just have to figure out?
I'm sure there are right and wrong times of the week,month,day, and year to fish creeks and lakes, I just don't know them.

THanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2004, 06:01 PM

Havok.
Just started surfing this old thread and saw you hail out of Mazama. How often are you there?
Old 08-25-2004, 11:05 AM
LBFF Mojo

It is just a large request. I will work on a primer for you and post it sometime today.

-sean
Old 08-25-2004, 11:28 AM

As far as I know there is no wrong time to go fishing. It's just that some people prefer mornings and some prefer evenings. Me I fish almost any time of the day. And to what flies to use, just stop in any fly shop in the greater Seattle area and ask a few questions. Just as long as you spend a few bucks in there they will help you out. And some will even help you out even if you don't spend anything there.

Jim
Old 08-25-2004, 07:13 PM
Neil

Thank you Jim, I fished a bit on the Pillchuck Creak today, Skunked, and on the Stilly, also skunked, but the water was so Brown and grey. maybe it will settle soon.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:56 AM

The rivers on the wet side of the state

are all blown out right now. The Stilly both forks are running about 8' higher than they were a week ago . So that accounts for the brown and grey water. What we need is for the rain to stop falling and a few days to dry out before those places are fishable.

Jim
Old 08-26-2004, 04:00 PM
Neil

well it hasn't rained today so maybe tomorrow will be better. I don't have waders yet so fishing has been hard, gotta find shore with minimal brush behind me. I caught 5 trees and lost a Bugger :@

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.