Rynda - Fly Fishing Forum
Classic Atlantic Salmon No pursuit rivals salmon rivers, flies & legacy

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2004, 05:27 AM

Location: luhe,baltic-sea,gaula/Norway, los roques/Venezuela,Aruba
Rynda

Hi,

i'm going to visit the kola-peninsula in a few weeks to fish the rynda. can anybody give me an actuel report (flies etc.)?

bone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2004, 05:52 AM

Location: Many. From NE salt, Russia, Canadian A Salmon, NW Steelhead, Bahamas, Keys. Live in Upstate NY
What week(s) will you be there? Certainly I would suggest flies like sunray shadow tubes, temple dog tubes, green highlanders, hairly mary, blue charm . . . but don't forget dries, as well. Bombers, any number of waking flies.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:10 AM

Hi wrke,

i'll be there in the first week of august. Thank you for the tip. I have already tied the samples you suggested( double-hooks size 6-8 ). recently i heard, that i should use flies down to size 12! is that correct? did you ever visit the rynda?

greetins from hamburg, gemany!

bone
Old 07-13-2004, 08:21 AM

Location: Many. From NE salt, Russia, Canadian A Salmon, NW Steelhead, Bahamas, Keys. Live in Upstate NY
Bone
Yes, I've fished Rynda but have spent much more time on the Kharlovka and East Litza. A couple of years ago, the largest fish of our week on the Litza was a 44 lb fish taken on a size 10 waked in the surface, so small flies can work. And we actually took fish on size 14 doubles on the Zolotaya. I think your sizes are good, but don't forget to include some larger sunrays. I've generally fished the 2nd week of August, will likely fish the Rynda in June next year. Not fishing it this year, leave for Montana and Oregon today. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.
Bill
Old 07-25-2004, 05:27 AM

I am going to fish the Rynda in the first week of August so I will see you (Bone) there. Getting very excited now as I have never been to the Kola before or fished any further away from home than Scotland. I expect the week to be a very steep learning curve with the fish teaching me a lesson or two. For me it is a trip of a lifetime and it will be some time before I can afford to go on another one or get a pass out from the misses.
Old 07-27-2004, 03:55 AM

Hi Wilbert,

thank you for your answere. I fished the Ponoi a few years ago, and it was fantastic! My father, my good friend Soenke and i will arrive at the Arlanda Airport Hotel on friday evening. Maybe we'll meet at the Bar for a beer (or two).

Bone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.