Leon Chandler passes away - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2004, 08:32 AM
Fly chucker

Leon Chandler passes away

Leon Chandler, who worked with the Cortland line company for over 50 years, passed away on March 18 due to complications from kidney cancer. He was 81 years old.

He was vice president of Cortland when he retired back in 1992, and spent most of his working and retired life as an ambassador of sorts for our sport.

He frequented many bulletin boards under the screen name of Comparadun. Condolences go out to his surviving family and all friends who knew him well.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:02 AM
JD

Leon Chandler

I remember seeing a picture of Leon Chandler way back in the seventies, fishing (i think) a Berkley reel that was similar in design to the original Loop reels. As I recall, he was connected with Berkley at the time, and had something to do with that reel. Anyone know anything about that?
Old 03-22-2004, 11:14 AM
Pullin' Thread

We have lost another one of the folks we owe a debt of gratitude to for innovations in fly fishing equipment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.