Eastern Canada - Fly Fishing Forum
Classic Atlantic Salmon No pursuit rivals salmon rivers, flies & legacy

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2003, 03:22 PM

Eastern Canada

Hi!

I`m planning a trip to Eastern Canada for Atlantic Salmon next year in june.
I want to try rivers as Grand Cascapedia, Restigouche and Moisie.
Is there anyone who can help me information about the fishing, best time to go, lodges and maybe some websites.

All the best!

Peter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2003, 03:30 PM

Contact Ann Smith about the Grand Cas. You can reach her through her website: quebecsporting.com

As far as the Rest. in June concerned, contact Peter Dube at matapedia.com

Best of luck to you. Whether you catch fish or not, you definitely enjoy Quebec.
Old 11-10-2003, 03:54 PM

Location: Many. From NE salt, Russia, Canadian A Salmon, NW Steelhead, Bahamas, Keys. Live in Upstate NY
You could also contact Glenn LeGrand at Camp Bonaventure. The camp fishes the Grand and Petite Cascapedia Rivers and the Bonaventure. They have a website.

Last edited by wrke; 11-10-2003 at 04:02 PM.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:37 PM

In most cases you'll need to fish out of a lodge to fish the best water on the Restigouche or Moisie in June. Some fishing is available in May, but on the Restigouche, for instance, the lodges have all the water booked except for that controlled by the Ristigouche Salmon Club. Peter Dube can get you on excellent water on the Matapedia in June, but I don't know how much he can do on the Restigouche after June 1. There are three or four lodges on the Restigouche that book fishermen directly, and at least four lodges that book onto the Moisie. Peter, if you send me a PM I'll be glad to give you more names and websites. I'm not sure how comfortable the admin. of this board would be about doing so here. I fish the Restigouche every year so I have more first hand knowledge there, but I have studied the Moise quite a bit and should be able to help. There is some ZEC water on the Grand Cascapedia that can be booked. However, the big draw was on November 1 so much of the best water will already be spoken for, but there are other ways to get on there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.