Fly Fishing Forum banner

Excellent New Book

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  NrthFrk16 
#1 ·
I just picked up the just recently released Spey Flies & Dee Flies by John Shewey.

I have browsed the book and scimmed through some of the chapters and picked intresting parts and read those...this book has excellent fly plates, a wide range of flies and some excellent descriptions on not only materials but very good descriptions on why to use a certain material and when.

The book also has some very good writings on Spey vs. Dee flies which I have scimmed and has what looks to be a detailed description on how to fish them (which I havent read yet).

I must say I was pleasently surprised with the quality of work that came from this particular author as I was very skeptical at first.

This book does not include any descriptions on the new Whiting Spey hackle which within a couple generations, could make blue-eared pheasent obsolete!! (And Juro, your samples should be in the mail very soon!!!!!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.