Fly Fishing Forum banner

Need your help - non flyfishing

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  tomd 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I hope this is ok but if it’s not I guess I’m willing to ruffle a few feathers. The daughter of a very dear friend of mine is fighting for her life today and I am reaching out to everyone I know and even those I don’t know and asking them to say a prayer for her. Her name is Meghan, she is 2 years old and she has leukemia. She has received a marrow transplant that has taken well but is now killing her through graft vs. host disease. There is apparently little medicine can do and that is why I am asking for your prayers.

Thank you,

Gregg

#7 ·
As some of you mentioned, this hits close to home. Those of us with healthy kids (I have three) know how lucky we are.
FWIW, a couple of years ago, the young daughter of another FF acquaintance went through the same thing. I remember keeping in touch with her dad and sending him notes with "good thoughts" about his daughter. She's doing fine now. So, here go some good thoughts for Meghan. May this nightmare of today become nothing more than a distant memory in her future.

#10 ·
Guys,

Thank you so much!

I thought I should let you know she is starting to show some positive changes in her condition. She has a long way to go though so keep up the good thoughts and prayers - they are working!

Gregg

#11 ·
sorry for not noticing till now Greg, but we pray to a God that can see the future so I'm not worried that I'm too late to add mine in as well. I have two healthy kids myself, and on is a 2 yr old girl, so I would be honored to pray for Meghan. Tom D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.