Fly Fishing Forum banner

Peak period arriving on Cape Cod

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Bri-RN 
#1 ·
That's my gut feel anyway based on the weekend. Last years' first Monomoy Clave was June 10th, and the first fish was 32" caught by Skip. The second was about the same size. I think the biggest was 35". Although things were tenuous for a while I think they are back on track for the time being this year. I would think a Monomoy Clave this weekend would produce similar results. (hint hint)

Big fish are making a strong presence in around Monomoy, Chatham, Nauset and the bayside where you can reach them with a flyrod before and after the bottom of the tide.

It won't last long enough, now is a good time to put the legal notch in the cork if you haven't already!

#2 ·
Based on your post in another thread I presume you are thinking Sunday for an impromptu Monomoy clave. I'd be interested in that.

Anybody taking advantage of fathers day for a day of guilt free fishing? Is it too early for a Rip Trip?

Regards,
Fred A.

#5 ·
Looks like I'm committed this Saturday but Sunday might be a possibility. I have to be a bit careful because I'm coming up for 6 days fishing the following week starting Thursday 14th and finishing Tuesday 19th. Mostly flats boat but early morning sorties are a strong possibility!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.