Fly Fishing Forum banner

Forum Gold

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Dble Haul 
#1 ·
It's been several years now, and this site has been an interesting ride - and I think it's just a beginning.

I used to think it was about the outdoors, then excellence in angling, then perhaps a commercial venture to help make ends meet, then back to a penny-less venture with the hearts of our little brothers in mind, then this, then that - but it's become clear to me what the Forum is... and has always been.

It's about brothers in life.

Pretty cool!

#6 ·
The thing about this forum & the antique tractor forum I frequent is that(unlike some) there is no unfriendly bickering or flaming. Just helpful and friendly conversation and a willingness for those of you who know to help those of us who don't.

I have been at a get together in Kansas this past weekend with folks from the tractor forum, that was in every sense just like the Spring Clave. Camaraderie, renewing old friendships, starting new ones and good food & drink. Oh & don't forget playing with old machinery & shooting the BS. I see from the pics of the spring clave that is just what happened on the Cape this weekend. Except you guys were fishing and drinking Glenlivet. I was stuck with Beer:wink:

This is indeed what it is all about, Thanks to you Juro and the willing participation of all involved.:cool:

#7 ·
Big Thanks to Juro and co. for keeping the forum running!
In the short time I've been hanging round, I have found a wealth of information and more importantly I've noticed lots of folks on this board are wiling to share knowledge without the B.S. of most fishing forums.

Keep up the good work and thanks for making it happen.

#9 ·
Great to hear everyone enjoys it!

But before it gets too far down the track of one guy taking credit, there have been many critical players in getting here - Al Deluca jumped in with his technical skills very early on, then several guys like Jim Whalen carried a heavy load for years to keep it afloat, not the least of which Sean Ransom who kept the weight of things on his shoulders with his technical muscle, and every clave meister and Moderator past and present just to name a few. Those who contributed articles, helped at the fly show booth, or just spread the word all had a part.

Right from the start it's been the many hands of all who pitch in that make it a fun tavern in the ether to stop for virtual refreshment.

Community is key!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.