Fly Fishing Forum banner

Brian's new Ride!

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  bcasey 
#1 ·
Case, tell us about your new boat!

#2 ·
1998 32' Luhrs Convertible 320T Sport Fisherman, Purchased in Miami where I will be going Thursday night to close on the deal and spend the next 3 days with the wife, getting to know her (The boat I mean). She (the boat) will stay in Miami, much to the dismay of the insurance company, until the 1st of May when I will be sailing her north. Still looking for a slip around the lower Cape, PLEASE talk it up. I need all the help I can get finding a slip. Anyone responsible for producing a successfull lead on a slip will be placed on the top of the list for a couple of trips to "Tuna Town" or your choice (with-in reason) this season.
Back to the boat, Twin 300HP Yanmar Diesels, full electronics, Lee Dbl Spreader Outriggers, Tuna Door, Windlass, Swim Platform, AC/Heat, Tunes, TV,.......... You name it, it's got it!
Now, if I could just sell that 18' Cobia, Leads here could be cause for a couple of trips on the new ride as well!
AHOY MATES!!!

#4 ·
Nah, Case'll be fine for the tunoids... down in Harkers there's always a few Berty like boats doing the quick 180 to whip the fly rodder on the back into casting position!!

Case - I look forward to working those twin screws!! The trawler we had in the BVI had twin Cats and we would walk that thing in sideways to some of the moorings.

That's the only way to go!

Roop

#5 ·
Man, you got gyped. No polling platform??? :hehe:

Congrats, looks awesome!

WRT the twin screws...it is amazing how much control you have. Spin it round in circles and manuever wherever you want...

Nick

#11 ·
Went down to Miami and PAID for her, after which the wife and I needed to catch our breath. So, out into Biscayne Bay we go, just the two of us..., and the wife, (she would KILL me if she read that!). Seriously, the boat handled real smooth, we went out by the stilt houses and then back up to the Port of Miami. About a 3 hr. cruise. Beth, my better half, was every bit as excited as I was. She enjoyed both driving as well as sunning on the fore deck. A great weekend, the marina has a great bar/restaurant and being spring break time and happy hour, I've been told NOT to expect to get any solo trips down due to the overwhelming qty. of young, attractive, highly intoxicated college girls in the area! :whoa:
Docking was easier than I expected, My wife and I agreed, prior to shoving off, that we would do everything in our power to not be yelling and screaming at each other while trying to get back into the slip. Her comment was, "Gee, allmost like you knew what you were doing". I must admit, I was a little proud of myself, I'm sure that will wear off!:hehe:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.