Fly Fishing Forum banner

Memories of Monomoy

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  striblue 
#1 ·
It was a crash course in sight fishing and what a day it was. Thanks to the guys of the forum I found my first striper ever.. A legal fish at that!

See less See more
#6 ·
Aaron -

Thanks for trying! Two ways to do this... when you make a post, use the "attachment" option at the bottom of the form to browse to the file. The other is to send them to me and I will reduce them to under 60,000 bytes so the system will accept them.

Can't WaIt tO sEe ThEm! :p

#7 ·
Aaron-

Can't wait to see those pictures. That was a truely memorable day. For you, your first striper done in Grand Fashion -- 30"+, on the fly, on the flats! How many people can say that?

For me it was my first ever trip to N. Monomoy, my first sight casted flats fish & also in the 30"+ range.

Also great company with Juro, BobP & Brian (also, another Mono. regular those name escapes me at the moment?)

BTW Aaron, if those picture came out good & you could send me some prints or JPEG files along with your mailing address & I could fix you up with a couple more of those "Lucky" flies :->}

#8 ·
That's it ! Now you got me droollin all over my keyboard, Man, I gotta see those pictures, although I'll never forget the look on you face, both while fighting that fish and after landing it. Also, I recall the talk we had on the walk out to the flats, " My friends tell me that after I catch a striper on a fly, I'll never want to go back to those trout streams again" WELL ? Let's do it again, several times this season. You know where to find me !

#9 ·
I'm glad I had a chance to share one of my favorite fishin' spots on earth with you that day. That area was uniquely sculpted in 2001, drastically different than 2000 and we can be assured that the winter-time sand shuffle will change the dynamics of that spot in 2002. While shore guiding out there in 2001, every trip resulted in at least one client keeper sight fished on the fly. I doubt that anything like that can be sustained but it sure was a good year!

Previous year 2000 was better in other areas of the refuge, including across the tub on South Beach. Each year brings a different nuance with it so it never gets boring. No telling what 2002 will bring... I can't wait to discover what the new season will bring.

COME ON SPRING!

#10 ·
I think we have visible Pictures!

Thanks Juro for the help with getting those daddies up on the sight. The answer to the question; Of course I will go back to the trout streams, that is my home away from home. I'll tell you what, a 20 inch brookie on a soft 5 weight is quite a battle as well. I have also come to realize that I have some very prime waters for stripers all within a 10 minute drive of my house in Portland:hehe:! I'll be a tough man to find in this summer!

#12 ·
Hey, they are there! Great Job! Good thing Someone remembered a Camera!

For me the drive to Chatham is about equal to the drive to Southern Maine. But don't forget there's also some fish on the N. Shore of Mass & Southern NH Too!

Oh, it's Waaay Too early to be gettin' the Itch!

#15 ·
Yes... I know, I know... we went to south beach that day instead of the flats.... But we were having good luck there several days before... Well... It looks like I will need waders to stay in that hip deep water for hours on end... Next year will be the year of the "crab Apple"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.