Fly Fishing Forum banner

Paint

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  DFix 
#1 ·
Quick question. As of yet I have not painted the bottom of the boat. I chose not to do so becuase we trailer it 99% of the time.

It has been in the water for about a month now. Water temps are still cold so growth is not a concern at this point. However I do see a nice brown ring around the boat at the water line.

Whats the best way to remove those stains?:confused:

#2 ·
Having no experience with this issue I will say that I have read a million different answers to this question from Simply Green to a bleach mix to one of the special soaps sold at the marine supply store.

I'd see what your local marine supply place recommends.

Roop

#3 ·
Mike, I use a product called On & Off, this stuff is powerful. The directions say to cover the trailer so you wont spill any on it and EAT the steel!:eyecrazy:
I use a small, disposable paint brush, apply very little, wait about 3-4 mins. and hose off. No scrubbing at all. I'm not sure what is in it, toxic don't come close to what I fear, but this stuff works to beat the band.
Now, if I could come up with a similar product to clean the mold from the deck(darn shrinkwrap and no ventilation does it every year)I'd be on the water by now!

BTW, you can get On & Off at most marine stores!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.