Fly Fishing Forum banner

New to Wisconsin and fly fishing

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Cphatts 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. This is my first post and I'll start it off by saying I'm not looking for onyone's secret spot with this question.

I just moved to Prescott, WI from MN and hear talk about the small stream fly fishing opportunities in the area. I've only fly fished a few times in CO and WY and only have one Cut to my name.

Is there anyone on this forum familar with the WI/MN border trout streams that could point me in the right direction? I know of the Kinni, between Prescott and Hudson. I've also heard of Hay Creek in MN. How would either of these waters rate for a beginner? What other waters might be in the area to hit for trout? I'm not looking for anything huge or for the table, just for the camera:)

Thanks in advance for any info you can give.

Ed

#2 ·
#4 ·
The Rush and Apple Rivers are also good and not too far away. If you arw willing to drive a little farther Southeastern MN has some great rivers. Also NW Wisconsin has some nice liitle creeks. Just pick up the WI trout regs booklet or look it up online and it shows all of trou rivers in the state and which category they fall under.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.