Fly Fishing Forum banner

FINAL UPDATE TREAD-Rip Trip- 6/7

3K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
I just called Ed and we are ON... as of now... everyone meet at the causeway at 6 am no later than 6:30... we leave at 7AM...sharp... POST HERE ANY FINAL QUESTIONS....MY NUMBER AT THE COTTAGE IS IN THE BOOK. i WILL CALLL kEITH AGAIN AT AROUND 3.

#7 ·
The road leading up to Morris Island... I will wait at the light house parking area across from the Coast guard station until 6:30 give or take.... so guys can meet there first then train down to the causway. You can't miss me ,I will be the incredably handsome guy with a white mustach......

#15 ·
Just spoke to Keith again and he says that it is really honking down there now... so we left it that I would call him this evening on my way down between 8 and 10.... If we can't go he will take us to South Beach where he said 7 ,34 inch stripers were caught today from the crews he dropped off there... so plan B looks good... as you know I will be there one way or another. I will check this thread in caouple hours anyway but will not have my lap top with me this evening.

#16 ·
How find out final go / no go?

John,

Can you call someone and have them post the final go/no go call?

That way, those of us coming down in the morning can make an informed decision whether to make the drive or not. Perhaps you can PM me your cell # and I'll call you at 9pm?

Jay

#17 ·
Jay, Keith says he will post this evening but I also PM'd you my Cottage and cell numbers... I might not be there at 9... try all evening after that time... I might be on the line but only for calls ,no Internet usage so you would be bound to get though at some point.

#18 ·
6/7 rip trip off/ But South Beach HOT, HOT, HOT

After Sundays boched Forecast and again today on the wind. I think we will stay inside. I can't say, 100% with a front coming in during the after noon, it will not increase more than the 10-15 SW they are calling for. I have been doing the add 5 rule and it is a little more realistic, than the forecast.
South Beach is the place to be lately. Three days in a row good numbers of keeper size fish, I am talking in the 30's. Saw a 36" at the drop off today and watched a young boy loss a monster on spinning gear. Quite a few guys came in saying they had mid 30 fish and good numbers of pods coming over the flats at the J bouy and the G bouy.

See you at 0700.

Keith

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.