Fly Fishing Forum banner

Cape Breton- Lake Ainslie

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  rankinstein 
#1 ·
One of the good things about inlaws- If you like them and get along they will provide opportunities.
Heres mine. My Sister-in-Law and her husband bought a house in Cape Breton NS
on Lake Ainsley. I have access to the house whenever I want and have been thinking what the fishing would be like.
Does anyone have experience with the Lake Ainslie area? Kind of fishing? Best times to fish. I might actually be willing to try Salmon fishing in the rivers if available.
Xiphas

#4 ·
lake ainslie

:) You have a lot of fishing available to you in that area.There are lots of rivers and streams with Brookies and the Margaree is availablefor trout fishing in the spring and Atlantics from usually June 1st to Oct. 31st..You are only probably 20 minutes to a half hour from that river.You can also go deep sea fishing if you look around.There's also the North River and Middle River salmon and trout.Lake Ainslie is pretty central to these areas.I lived in Mabou a short drive away fished those areas people are friendly ask around you will get info. :)

#6 ·
Ahem...It should be mentioned that the fiddling and set dancing tradition are absolutely amazing in the area as well. A thursday night side trip after fishing to Glencoe Mills is highly recommended for the Ceilidh in the hall. Just 7 miles up a dirt road.

Lefty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.