Fly Fishing Forum banner

'buzy phingerz...

5K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  polareyez 
#1 ·
'another stroll in the UV PHREE Tuffleye ZONE...
[I like my Olympus 1030 but I forgot how much I really liked my old steam powered Canon Power Shot Pro 1...]

'tying does seem to encourage a strong therapeutic effect that allows me comfort and pleasure...
and the kind words that have been sent my way are a testimony to the grande character of the folks who surf in these phantastic waterz!
Youz Guyz are da' BEST!!!

www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2539741

See less See more
#7 ·
Pure art, so impressionistic, precise and relaxed at the same time, all proportions perfect, the materials are completely in tune. So inspiring!

Based on your recent work here I tied up some flies last night in an attempt to emulate. As I expected they certainly did fall short. Coming back you've posted two new pix tonight and even more amazing.

Glad you're back at the vise, I've been following your work ever since the day of double tube phlyze:)

#8 ·
THANKS for the kind wordz of encouragement...

I'm throwin' stuff out here because it's all part of the phun...
If I inspire someone to tye outside the box, mission accomplished...
Everything's a work in progress... The only rule is there are NO rules!

'phour pheatherz with phluff and phlash phly welded in place... Evil Eyez under FLEX...

#9 ·
I like it, especially using the fluffy base that you usually can't when tying conventionally.
Hopes for success in your treatment.
Jon

#11 ·
Yoazaa!

Pedro
I have a few names for the fuzzy creature, but will need to discuss them in person, next month.
The flies look cool and I plan to raid your boxes, shortly.
Walt goes in for his new knee next week. Once the right one is replaced, he will truly be bionic. He plans to start running down the sand shortly and is will be training for marathons by the Spring.
The over 60 race class will never be the same.
Cheers
Dennis:lildevl:

#13 ·
Sick flies as always Pete. Well done, A+.

Just read of your troubles, best of luck kicking its butt. I know you have it in you.

Nick

#14 ·
buzy phingerz... 'workinprogress......

Thanks for the kind wordz!
Nuclear option coming soon to a theater near ME... 'first week in November...
weshallsee!
[current supply of EYEZ from Scott at the Bear's Den and Greg at Whitewaterflies...]

#18 ·
'Tracks like...

Max to the green dot... ;)
The wing hydrodynamics are dominant and the keel acts as it should [like a keel]...:roll:
Striped schnauzers seem to appreciate the minimalist subtleties and sparse yet suggestive insinuation...:confused:

#19 ·
'more semi-threadless phly welding...

and... a high-low-tye-acrylic "Herring Impaired" insinuation...

#23 ·
Phuzzie Notions and Evolution...

When I get an idea, the initial notion will inevitably morph...
The end result is the product of manipulating material to arrive at a target compromise of shape, colour, and texture...
Sometimes the evolution comes together nicely in defined stages...
Being able to capture the image makes the R&D aspects more rewarding and much easier to share with friends in the tying community...

I was initially trying to insinuate a juvenile... the next was more adolescent... and phinally, a mature ocean bound herring...

more obsessive compulsive tweeeekin'... after the fact, I decided to spot weld on a hint of salmon... gotta' love that magic voodoo acrylic!

the esteemed phocus group will always have the phinal word...

a few hours ago at one of my UDL's... das PHOOD CHAIN...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.