Fly Fishing Forum banner

4th Annual Rhody IceBreaker, Sat. Apr. 23

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Massflyfishing 
#1 ·
4th Annual Rhody IceBreaker
Saturday, April 23rd, 12:00 noon.
Low tide: 1:22 pm (full moon low).

We invade the waters and tributaries of Lil' Rhody in our quest for our first seasonal striped bass. This year with low tide in the early afternoon, we are going to start the event at somewhere near noon. Don't worry about the time of day or the amount of sunlight. At this time of year, a warmer day time temperature is more important to stimulate fish activity. Sean and Slinger have already tested the area this season with positive results.

Most wading conditions on the Seekonk River will lend itself perfectly to an intermediate fly line. If you also have a sink line you should bring it, but it might not be necessary.

Low tide is best and we should have three hours of great tide. As the tide increases wading becomes a problem. There is plenty of parking available outside the perimeter barriers of the property. A short walk to the river will take a few minutes. Launching a yak might require a lengthy walk. The boat ramp is about a mile down river.

Flies - Clousers, (chartreuse, olive, and yellow), white deceivers, alewives patterns, bucktail flies, and jellyfish patterns :Eyecrazy: .

Will need to make a list of anglers, e-mail addresses, and cell phone tree. A group E-mail will be mailed out Friday reguarding directions and cell phone numbers. Check the roster daily to make sure you are registered. This will be up-dated and changed as required by your response. Only those registered will receive an e-mail Friday. All are welcome.

Register at Castafly04@cs.com

See less See more
#4 ·
Ray,

Good luck there...gonna miss this one as I'll be in the Keys and then NZ. Have fun!

Nick

#6 ·
Ray, I probably won`t have a boat for Sat., long story. But I`ll still be there with waders in hand.
My boat is still in the shop after 5 months when he didn`t even look at it, now the motors apart and he`s out sick for 3 weeks now! The new Whaler is here but I`ve got no keys or registration! I`m starting to get really pissed! If I don't get one on the water in the next week someone may get hurt!
Slinger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.