Fly Fishing Forum banner

Cape Yak sorty Monday or Tuesday?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Adrian 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about bringing the Yak up to the Cape this week-end and have no firm plans for Monday, Tuesday and Saturday 21st.

I've never paddled Pleasant Bay or the Brewster side. If anyone is interested let me know!

#2 ·
Monday / Tues would be great for a pre-dawn start on the Brewster side, ride the ebb out to the outer shoals and ride the flood back in around lunchtime. If you sleep in you'll have a good drag to water deep enough to paddle, I'd target 4am personally to keep it easy. I'll see you at the Big Brother day in case you are interested in specific location info, bring your handheld gps.

PB has been very productive lately, the cool weather has been helping extend the spring fishing conditions inside the inlet. The question is where to launch with good parking avail this time of year.

The causeway is another spot, ample parking and fishing has been hot.

I am guiding both days, but otherwise would be all over it. Anyone around Wednesday am?

#3 ·
I'll be hard at work trying to square away things before starting my vacation with a bang on Thursday. If you'd like, late Saturday afternoon, I could give you a quick tour and overview of launch locations and lay of the land/flats on the bayside. Looks like Monday and Tuesday could be ideal days over there weatherwise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.