Fly Fishing Forum banner

Sky vs. Skagit

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Salmo_g 
#1 ·
So the Sky Boys like to catch them steelhead after they have spawned....

Rumor has it, the Skagit Boys like to catch them while they are spawning.

:hihi:

:wink:

#3 ·
As a Sky boy I like my fish long dark and skinny. Most of all weak and hungry, they bite better that way. Didn't one once famous guide say we were catching kelts on the sky? Or was that a couple years ago he said that we did that?

Those Skagit boys are pigs, If sparkey says they are stepping on redds then I for one believe him. :lildevl:

Fish on we are all idiots except the perfect ones.

#5 ·
OC said:
As a Sky boy I like my fish long dark and skinny. Most of all weak and hungry, they bite better that way.
So that is why 'Tip told me the Buck Is. Bloods are holding their initiations on the Middle Fork of the Salmon this Spring. Idaho sure is a wonderful place this time of year.....lots of reds, oranges, greens and the fungi are out in full force.

#6 ·
Ya but I don't need to go over. Having caught a 101 spawned out fish the last two weeks of the season on the Sky I'm just too damn tired, I'm still washing the slime off. So now we know it's Idaho where you and Brian have that private water! Just courious did anyone who fished the Sky hook any old fish in the lower streches at the end of the season? I guess some must have or it would never have been brought up.

#7 ·
Sparkey,

You are just jealous that you are not a Blood. Word has it the Stilly Crips have their panties in a twist because they can't find dink floats that match their gang colors. Shall we set up a rumble in Oso? :lildevl:

And don't give my homies in Ideeeho a bad time. The fish they catch are already smoked!

tip

#9 · (Edited)
its actually the Concrete Crypts you have to be worried about. i heard that at one time 'tip aspired to be a member but he heard rumors that all that stripping would lead to hairy palms.

btw-bring it on. the stilly crips will always lead the pack. besides, we only catch chrome sea-liced fish that aren't spawning for atleast a week. dink float or not.

#10 ·
Boy the Concrete Crypts have gone down hill over the last several years. They used to wear some of the best camo fishing gear made. Now they allow purple haired, nose ringed metro sexuals in their secret river group meetings? Guess we have figured it out why they have let the nose ring crowd in.

What is the world coming too?

Ya it sounds like they let Dinks in now too! "TIMES THEY ARE A CHANGING"

#11 ·
OC said:
Boy the Concrete Crypts have gone down hill over the last several years. They used to wear some of the best camo fishing gear made. Now they allow purple haired, nose ringed metro sexuals in their secret river group meetings? Guess we have figured it out why they have let the nose ring crowd in.

What is the world coming too?

Ya it sounds like they let Dinks in now too! "TIMES THEY ARE A CHANGING"

I shall pass this thread to the President of Conrete Crypts (John)

#13 ·
Salmo G

Things are slow and sparkey being a good mod is just druming up some business I guess. But this group of steelheaders have been around a long time and are very competitive, but no ego-centrcism on anyones part. They even all get along at least on the rivers. Remember James Watt? This group here is sort of like him that they talk in tongue a lot. If you stick around you will learn the language and will find this is a very informative group who share their great fishing skills through creative code.
Just once I'll say what is going on here in this thread.

Sparkey: Someone is spreading rumors that you mid sound fishers are targeting kelts. While the north guys are standing on reds and Sparkey is sitting in the middle being on the NF of the S.

Kerry S : he is saying that he they are catching fish up north and you better be man enough to tangle with his courting rituals if you are going to fish up his way.

Brian: He is trying to take over all reservation applications to the best runs on the Skagit so as to get his friends first walk through.

Tip: Is concerned that no one will let him fish north of the NF of the Sky.

OC: he is an old hippie, too much smoke over many years and just loves to stir it up with friends and those he does not even know.

And Flytier, I have a feeling he leads this whole group up north, some say John but others say Russ.

Good thing about this group is non of them want to be a famous steelheader and write books, be on TV or walk with gods. They just fish like most of us and not bad at that and they enjoy all that there is to do on the river,( like mating with Steelhead).

Anyway welcome, all are welcome but most are scared!

#14 ·
OC,

I had a couple metrosexuals with dinks and brightly painted, somewhat heavy girls invade a meeting last week east of Concrete. They tried their best to get something in the mood, but alas their efforts were for naught.

As far as being the leader of the group up north, couldn't be me since I only use thunder sticks with my long belly when astream, and I usually fish alone, better mating opportunity I figure.

#15 ·
Flytyer,

So what your saying is you had some heavy set women with brightly colored dinks? We got a name for then down here in Seattle, Capital Hill area. Hey and what you doing to know such info anyway? Your wife know you going to that type of meeting? I think you need to be fishin. :hihi:

#16 ·
OC,

Yep, my wife knew I was at that meeting. In fact, she encouraged me to go.

However, the Queen Anne boys crashed the meeting with those brightyly painted heavy set women and their dinks. Their women were not fleet of foot and made quite a commotion upon entering the dance floor.

Me, I had my thunder stick, long belly, and sleek classic with the slim top.

No mating rituals were indulged in though.

#18 ·
Hmmm . . .

Sorta' reminds me of the time, like 20 or so years ago, when Bob Stroble's wife was asked if she really thought Bob was going fishing all the time when he said that's where he was going, and if she had any worries about him. She said her only worry was that he might get too excited if he saw a really big hen steelhead, and he might swim upstream and try to spawn with her. And he's not a very good swimmer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.