Fly Fishing Forum banner

Borski #1- Indescrtucto Clouser

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Quentin 
#1 · (Edited)
Borski #1- Indescructo Clouser

This is the first in a series of 7 bonefish flies taken from Veverka's book and developed by Tim Borski. Hook- #2 Gamagatsu..... Tail- light tan craft fur and pearl Krystal Flash.... Body -silver mylar tinsel..... Eyes- lead dumb bell, painted black, dipped in yellow to just cover the front of the dumbell and then black pupil put on with a q-tip. Then Epoxy... the key to this fly is the painting of the eye , with the usual Borski style , and the application of the epoxy...first light coat then heavy on the bottom as you can see..you need to pay attention as you rotate to get the heavy application on the bottom and the light on top...you might need a second sparse coat on the heavy area.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Interesting . . . I never saw any of Borski's work and I don't have Veverka's book, but I tied this fly earlier this year to try to catch scup and/or shad in the RI breachways (it didn't work :rolleyes: ). It's almost like a size 4 version of the "indestructo clouser" but it doesn't have the special eyes and the tail is all Krystal Flash with no craft fur (and the epoxy didn't come out as nice :eek: ).

Q

Attachments

#3 ·
Q...that's about as close as you can get.... If I were you I would try and get Veverka's book ....it's well worth it and a great resourse...the photo's of the flies are the best I have seen ... Brown's book is good for the photo's as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.