Fly Fishing Forum banner

CATTARAUGUS CLAVE!

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
Ever since last October I have been counting the days until I can get back to the Catt with a speyrod in hand. Now the time is nearing quickly and Charlie has reminded me that we need to get the ball rolling.

This clave is no CLA fair by any means but it offers what might very well be the best fishing opportunity of all the claves. In fact I counted 9 steelhead caught during the clave last year.

The scenery is exceptional and the river a gem, and typically loaded with steel. Combine that will some dedicated speytime, presentations, classes, good friends and you have yourselves a winner clave. Admission is free.

Keep your eye on this thread as plans develop... and hope to see you on the Catt!

#5 · (Edited)
Damn.
This is the second clave I'm going to miss (Salmon River). I'll be in Sun Valley that weekend (10.15) and the following week on the North Umpqua, so I won't have it too bad. I hope to be able to make the Canada clave, but I will have just returned from two weeks in New Brunswick, so I'm not sure if I'll be let out of the house. I'll try, tho.
Bill

#8 ·
Based on conversations with the Catt area guides and locals, we've decided on the 15th and 16th of October this year.

We expect to have the Kustich brothers, Oak Orchard and Buffalo Outfitters sponsoring, with a whole lot more details will follow including location etc. DIY lodging and transportation. Lunch BBQ sponsored by the Flyfishing Forum.

We might get a certain special guest appearance as well, I am working on it.

Private or small group lessons available, contact me by PM for details.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.