Fly Fishing Forum banner

Commuter trout 2001 (Nor'easters)

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  ssully 
#1 ·
northeast region:

Jared, Dom, et. al -

I am game to revive the commuter trout sessions if you guys are. In fact I know you guys are based on emails and such. Walden and Whites work for me, tomorrow is supposed to be soggy but warm as heck. I would need to pick up a license during lunch somewhere.

I am totally unprepared gearwise so the first outing would be to iron the kinks out. I am thinking of bringing my kickboat along.

Let me know,
Juro

#5 ·
Grabbed my license during lunch. On the way back was a lunchtime ff'er on Lex. Res. catching bluegill steadily at the edge of the beach. To his left were several chunky largemouths in the shade of the hardwoods. In the next clearing were what appeared to be trout on the surface chasing and snarfing bugs under the surface film.

Years ago I used to do well in the Lex. Res - in fact that's one of two places where night fishing for trout produced significantly better than daytime.

Anyone else ever try night fishing for trout?

#12 ·
Didn't make it this am but I stopped to take a peek at WHites, and WISHED I DID! Not much on the surface but I forgot just how beautiful Thoreau's other pond was. I can see a morning spent floating around casting to rises in the very near future!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.