Fly Fishing Forum banner

Waiting to hear

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  teflon_jones 
#1 ·
from our friends and fellow fishermen from Maine, N H, VT, Western Mass, RI , Conn and NY that got inundated with Irenes rains and the aftermath. Please let us know you are OK and don't be bashful about asking for help. I know posting on here is one of the last things you will think about but I am sure that there are more than just me who are concerned for your health, welfare and properties.

Pete Readel

#3 ·
The coast of CT, especially the western half, got flooded pretty good. We are located on the central coast and are in the middle of a few grids that have been without power since early in the storm. We expect to have power back by the weekend at the earliest, but could be longer. They understandably are getting commercial areas up and running first.

No damage to the house, boat, or family, so all is good there.

#6 ·
We were fortunate; made it through with only some minor dock damage. Neighbors lost some large trees which could have crunched their house, but didn't.

Many people lost homes and all possessions to flooding. Friends whose road had bridges washed out will have to hike the last mile to their house for quite a while. Their fuel deliveries for the winter could be a problem.

#8 ·
No damage at home, but around Sugarloaf it was pretty significant. I am headed up tomorrow to clean out my flooded locker...

Pics are too big to upload I guess- The main North/South Route in Western Maine , Route 27, was closed until Tuesdy morning with two bridges washed out. I have no idea what I will find at camp...:Eyecrazy:

#9 ·
I grew up in upstate NY in Montgomery County and this is what my hometown looked like after Irene:

All of the roads in the county were closed for almost a week, and some are still closed to damage. I can't imagine what this additional rain is doing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.