Fly Fishing Forum banner

"A Board Bro" needs company and where to.

2K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  fredaevans 
#1 ·
Jim Jones (JD JONES on the board) has taken a short term job in Toledo, OH and he needs all the company he can get .... read that not even e mail.

Jere/Hal give him a call as he'd love to 'hook up' for fishing, even if it were where-to/ from where he is at in your area.

Jim's number at work is 419-885-2529, ext 182 (he thinks), Room at the motel is 419-861-1133, room 111, or cell at 714-743-7854.

No 'on line,' but lets keep him on line. That's what this Board is all about.

Fred

#3 ·
Fred,

Toledo is a 4-5 hour drive from Chicago in the middle of farm country. There are a few trout streams there. Lake Erie has good fishing, for smallmouths and walleyes are a world class fishery. For good trout or steelhead fishing probably going to have to drive 3-4 hours, but northern ohio does have some good little trout streams, just have to find them.

Don't think I could to long though in a Toledo motel myself. Bad enough I spent 3 weeks one time in a Salem, Ohio motel on business in the middle of winter and almost killed myself in a blizzard getting to the Pittsburgh airport for a flight back to civilization - New York.

Hal

#4 ·
...'could be worse?!...

...They tried to hold captured Taliban there but it was deemed cruel and inhumane...One step down from Guantanimo?!
Good luck and don't drink the water!

#6 · (Edited)
There are some winter steelhead streams in Ohio closeby if you want to fish where they glow, not much going on in the summer time there though as far as I know. lake erie small mouth and walleyes are the prime fishery. Poor guy he can go to Cedar Point - Six flags amusement park other than that an Indian game in Cleveland, or watch the corn grow all summer. :devil: :devil:

P.S. Forgot there is also Windsor, Ontario near Detroit which is close by, do you know what kind of fishing that is famous for ?

#11 ·
Death Sentance

Totaly clueless as to what kind of fishing Winsor is noted for. Have been told the steelhead around here have made their run back to the safety of the lakes. Only hope I've heard so far is a possibility of summer run skamanias over in Indiana. Other than that. the fishing around here is mainly for warmwater species, smallies, pike, walleyes, or as a last result, carp.

All I brought with me are two spey rods and a 7wt single hander.
This assignment came together so fast I really didn't have too much time to think about recreation. Sports don't turn me on and I doubt if there are any small mouths that could do justice to a 7wt RPLX, walleyes are not exactly noted as flyrod quarry, so that only leaves pike and carp. I'm still checking on those possibilities.

JD

#17 · (Edited)
Paula would think that a good thing. :>)

Having been in his position some long time back (excluding Joan on her 'toots' to Europe) I can assure you that after a couple of weeks alone you really do run out of things to keep you occupied. But, then again, I'm not about to "go in harms way."

Usually by 7:30-8:00 PM you're board out of your skull for lack of company. What makes it "more interesting" is my office is the only one above the first floor in a three story building. I could be running around without my pants on for all anyone would know.

Then home to any "empty house," don't recommend it at all.
:rolleyes:

#19 ·
Nate, I'll give you a call. The Klamath

sounds more fun than beating my head against 3,000 ++ flows on the Rogue. Also this is one of the "free weekends" in Oregon so no lic. is necessary to fish. Suspect the Hatchery Hole will have a 1,000 people in the area.

Not Moi!~

I'll try to get you on the phone, if I miss you, you know where/how to grab me at work or home.
fe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.