Fly Fishing Forum banner

Rod Rack for vehicle?

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  flytie 
#1 ·
This isn't specifically for fly fishing, because I know most fly rods are stored in cases, but for those who also spin fish, do you know of a way to store rods against the roof of a minivan?

I saw this on eBay : Vehicle Fishing Rod Storage but I'm not sure how it would work with my sliding doors, and I'd like to get away with cheaper if possible.

I've rigged something with ropes right now, but the rope stretches and the rods slowly drop lower and lower and my kids keep getting the lines tangled because it doesn't keep the rods separate from each other.

Does anyone know of another product? Maybe something that is spring-loaded and doesn't have to be attached to the outside of the vehicle?

#2 ·
buy a cheap (12 bucks) plastic rod rack like the Berkley one. Zip tye it to a cheap (like eight bucks) telescoping pole for hanging clothes in a car (but it at an auto parts store). It will work better than the rig on the link.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.