Fly Fishing Forum banner

Seamaster Mark III for sale

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  brooklynangler 
#1 ·
Seamaster Mark III, (circa mid 1970s according to Seamaster President, Robbie Janson), with no markings whatsoever. None. I have had this reel for years, and knew that it was a real, honest-to-goodness, Seamaster, but have just had RJ verify this fact. Robbie told me that he had seen "a couple" over the years and added that he remembered the Seamaster client whom I got the reel from. Chances were that Mac had simply handed the client the reel, (who was likely in a rush to get fishing), with the caveat that when he was done fishing, he return it for engraving. Obviously, this never happened and thankfully, from a collector's view, it has some added value. While he was at it, it was refurbished, (but honestly, I cannot tell the difference (except on my AMEX statement), as it was already in very good condition. It does have two minor dings on the "off" side, exterior ridge and I am certain that under magnification, more can be found. Overall, however, it is substantially in exceptional condition. It is a four pillar model with the standard gold frame over jet-black spool. I had had several of the most noteworthy rare-reel guys look at it and none of them had ever seen one previously. Having said that, they all made offers, pretty good ones too, but I had a pretty good idea that they were going to do the very same thing I can do just as well. Nevertheless, it is for real and now for sale. Granted, it ain't cheap, but you may not ever see another.

$4500.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.