Fly Fishing Forum banner

Florida Keys Fly Fishing Shops

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  JR SPEY 
#1 ·
Can anyone recommend some good fly shops in the Keys? I'm sure I'll get some good info at local shops regarding fishing, and I'm a firm believer in supporting the merchants in the area you fish.

Thanks.
Dan

#2 ·
Bonefish Bob's in Islamorada is a must! He was my bonefish mentor... the over-the-counter advice I got from him years ago led me to my first DIY success and thus my current crazed state over flats fishing.

Worldwide sportsman in Islamorada is a good spot, lots of history there.

Check out Bud and Mary's Marina for advice, boat rental, guides, etc.

Down at Key West stop in at Saltwater Angler, which used to be Jeffery Cardenas' shop. It looks like it's tied in with the Hilton now.

There are other shops along the way on the main drag, hard to miss. The ones I saw last time there are probably gone and new ones sprung up but the above three are still there.

#5 ·
In my opinion, World Wide Sportsman is a shadow of what it used to be as a fly shop. It really is more of a Bass Pro Shops with an island flair these days. Far more clothing, gifts, etc. than there is fly fishing gear. World Class Angler, which used to belong to Jake Jordan, is on the gulfside in Marathon. Though not exclusively flyfishing, it does carry some gear and can provide good information. There used to be lot more, like Key West Angler, Chittums, Anglers Pro Shop, and Randy Towe's World Class Outfitters. Unfortunately, many fly shops down there either seem to close down or morph into something else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.