Fly Fishing Forum banner

Wilmington - Staff Needed

3K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  Smcdermott 
#1 ·
Since this is our only real effort this year, I am officially looking for people to man the booth at Wilmington. Actually, the deadline for specifying staff badges is coming up quickly and I need to submit them to Paul's staff.

I will have tables and a nice banner to hang across the back, but we are going to skip the cottage facade to avoid the risk of any mishap (it's done it's job over the years but has seen better days).

There are four free slots open. Either a full day or two half day commitment wanted for these, but we can time share with others as needed if it comes to that. Not much for setup, should take 10 minutes. Tying, raffling, BS'ing that sort of thing - it's all about fun!

We will have several shadow boxes to raffle with some spectacular flies, one show grand prize, 2 second prize (1 per day) and several runner ups each day as well.

I am going to ask our usual line-up of pro's to hold tying lessons.

We will also have some other fund-raising ideas that should be fun.

!Unfortunately the Reading Field House is not available on those dates this year. If anyone knows of another facility in the immediate area, please chime in. I have a couple of ideas.

See less See more
#5 ·
I can help out with whatever you need, last year was fun.
What will you go for 1 whole or two halves? If a casting site becomes available 2- 1/2's would make for a good transition to the demo locale. If that isn't going to come off this time why not go for the full day Saturday? Just my .02

Let me know how I can help.

#10 ·
As long as this does NOT violate my...

Parole restrictions...:rolleyes:

I can be there Sunday...(Adrian qualifies as "adult supervision"?!):devil:

#12 ·
I am starting to put flies together apart from the swaps for the raffle.. Here is a picture of our booth from last year when Bob Popovics came by and sat with us to do some tying. Jay Horton is standing to the right and Juro took the picture.

Attachments

#13 ·
So it sounds like:

Striblue (both)
Chris (1/2 1/2)
Adrian (Sun)
Penguin (Sun)
Juro (both)

with Pro guest tyers through both days, raffles for lots of flies, presentations, and general good tidings.

=> Can anyone else pitch in on Saturday?

No casting clave this year unless the weather permits us to do it outside, or if my alternative plan comes through as hoped.

#16 · (Edited)
Juro,

It looks like you're hurting a little more on Saturday. I can't get out of some commitments on Saturday, but would be willing to volunteer for the morning "1/2" if you could use the help. Not sure if Adrian and Penquin have it covered.

Let me know with a PM or e-mail. I want to still chat about what I can expect in Seattle area in April - still debating Seattle or Florida for a 3-4 day trip. Both round flights are around $240 when I checked - so cost is a wash.

TL,

Dave

#20 ·
Striblue,
Unfortunately, I have class all day saturday, so my only hopes of making it to the show is Sunday. I am doubtful of that though. Juro and I are getting together this week to make the swap.

Nick

#21 ·
Juro and Nick...ok...Thanks. I will speak with juro on the flies. I have not received any other flies apart from the swaps so we can put them together at the show. I also have a set of Worm flies from Adrian and some from FrenchPete. Two sets of bonefish flies- one from our swap and the other from another site swap which I participated in. Extra Joe Branham epoxy Charlie's and one special Dick Brown Bonefish fly. Both Bonefish swaps also include one fly from each of them as well. One whole set from the first swap and I am waiting to get the final flies from the Albie swap... I have all except one from Big Dave , Nate Smith and SeanM. Also, I will bring flies for those swaps to the show to give to those there before mailing, including Adrian's bonefish flies. I will check everything friday Night to see if i missed anything in this description.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.