Fly Fishing Forum banner

Deadbait skirt

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Adrian 
#1 ·
I'm headed down to Exuma next week and my buddy has asked me to bring down some deadbait trolling skirts 8" blue/white with a bit of flash.

I tried my local tackle store in Manhattan and come up blank.

I would love to shop with one of our sponsors if they carry non-FF gear and can get them to me fast ;)

Suggestions welcome.

#2 ·
Hm. That's a bit like saying 'bring down some 9' fly rods'. There are 3 major manufacturers: Yo-zuri makes 7.5" amd 9" skirts, very thin and somewhat fragile, but with great action on slower-speed lures. Yamashita also makes 7.5" and 9" skirts, somewhat similar to Yo-Zuris, but with more iridescent coor options. Big-T has 8" skirts; they are quite a bit thicker than either of the two above, generally used with larger marlin lures. Boone also makes skirts, but they are not used much.

If you can find out more about what your friend will use them for, I could provide more info. Selections of skirts are tough to find on the east coast, but near NYC, I would check out stalkeroutfitters.com in Westhampton beach or reelseat.com in Brielle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.