Fly Fishing Forum banner

Filling in gaps in the flybox

4K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  WatersideWill 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi

Ok needed some new patterns after running into warmwater situations I had no good answer for-

so- Ephoron Album( spinner so far)- and Hex ( spinner and emerger)-

and the Hex-

and the emerger-

Will

See less See more
#2 ·
Will, good stuff! i always like to see someone going out and trying and being inventive. these look like they will work, hopefully you will keep us posted on the sucess of these patterns when the time comes. great work on the photos as well it makes all the difference to take the time to shoot them right and i must say you exposures are spot on with no loss of detail in the highlight areas, not too easy to do especialy with a black background. the reflection adds something to it too, and you managed to eliminate any glare. two thumbs up!

#7 ·
Ty for the kind words:) now you'll never get rid of me:)

Charlie- the wings are organza tape( craft store) , folded in half then cut- lightly dress the cut edge with Fishing Glue ( a dilute CA in a bottle with a brush applicator). Turn out to be very strong wing !:)

DbleH- the Ephorons are aimed at Goldeye, the Hex for Whitefish/Carp/Bigmouth Buffalo.

Will

#8 ·
Beauties for sure, Will! VERY buggy! On the Hex and the targeted Carp.....is this sight fishing or blind casting during a hatch? I'm going to assume you flick them out in front of the Carp on the feed and strip when you think the timing is correct........?

Better sign off or you'll be getting lots of orders for DOZENS and dozens of those flies. I wish my flies were as deadly looking as yours.......mine are mostly just DEAD looking.....as in on your windshield or in your vehicle radiator.......sigh...

#12 ·
Hi

Lovely pattern Charlie- how are doing the body there?

We have H.Limbata and H. Rigida here - I can,t tell the diff:) but we get quite a colour variation in the hatches- so theres room to fudge:)

some spinners( iffy pic but you get the idea) - ours look light compared to the one you posted. I was looking for a decent way of mimicing that distinct front wing edge with the organza-

heres a typicalish dun-

Will

and the Ephoron blizzard:)))

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.