Fly Fishing Forum banner

Thanks!

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  bonefishmon 
#1 ·
To everyone that contributes here and makes all of our lives happier because of it.

Thank you.

Phil

#3 · (Edited)
Thanks mostly for the striped bass that provide the fire and inspiration for our pursuit and also for our little subculture who help keep the fire going when it's cold.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Jon

THE PERFECT FISH

#6 ·
I'm not sure if I would give more thanks or not if those pictures of out of season stripa's were not put up for all of us to see.

Not! Great pictures and a really beautiful winter fish. Looks like a great spot for a cruising fish, wonder what he was hunting for at this time of year. The fish I mean.

#7 ·
OC said:
I'm not sure if I would give more thanks or not if those pictures of out of season stripa's were not put up for all of us to see.

Not! Great pictures and a really beautiful winter fish. Looks like a great spot for a cruising fish, wonder what he was hunting for at this time of year. The fish I mean.[/QUOTE

Three to four inch bunker. Many have already made it upriver to the dam with stripers close behind. They do not all leave. The season never really ends until you stop fishing.

Phil

#8 ·
OC. I was saying sorry to Steve...Highway 61 for showing him yet another November bass. He asked me to stop as it's tugging at him to get one more before the ice starts freezing the guides.

Phil

#9 ·
bonefishmon said:
OC. I was saying sorry to Steve...Highway 61 for showing him yet another November bass. He asked me to stop as it's tugging at him to get one more before the ice starts freezing the guides.

Phil

Phil....living in southern NH does have its merits. I am close to the CT. Deerfield, Swift, and numerous lakes and ponds. Because of their proximity, I am able to fish for a couple of hours after work and am able to explore and discover good spots to fish. But when it comes to the Cape and RI it is a haul. I head down as often as I can which amounts to 15 -20 times a year. Even though I try to get some intel from friends, it is always a gamble. So, I admit to a bit of envy of those who live close to the shore. Seeing those photos of stripers just makes me want to load up my gear and call in sick to work!! :lildevl:

#10 ·
Seeing those photos of stripers just makes me want to load up my gear and call in sick to work!! :lildevl:[/QUOTE]

Steve. The fish are still there but you will have to travel west of RI. You are tempting me to come up there and trout fish! LOL!

Phil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.