Fly Fishing Forum banner

Let's introduce

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  scott@myhunting 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi there,

Well I'm new here sdo I thought it would be nice if I'd introduce myself.
So here it goes.
Well as you can see my name is Siqoia and I'm from Holland. I'm currently finnishing my master degree in aquatic ecology at the university of Wageningen and in my past time I'm a fairly fanatic flyfisher and flytyer for the last 10 years or so (>50 days on the water a year). I do a lot of fishing in the local watersystems wich are big lowland rivers, recevoirs, ponds, canals etc. Here my target species are Pike, perch, roach, rudd, zander, asp, ide and once in a while carp. And of course trout, but you can only find them in a few places where they are stocked. If you don't recognize some of the species, you have to google for a bit, they're quite interresting.
I hope to meet some interesting peope on this forum and gain some new ideas and techniques.
Well that's all I have to tell about myself for now. If you have any questions about me or the flyfishing in Holland feel free to send me an E-mail.

Greetz,

Siqoia

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome! Glad to have you on the forum!

The Dutch fish species are really interesting. I'm always fascinated when I google them since the species in Europe are much different than what I've seen in other parts of the world.

#4 ·
Always wondered what was in thoses waters

Hi, welcome to you from Holland.
Im new to the board also from northern N.J.U.S.A. I have been hunting and fishing my entire life, however I just started flyishing and to say the least I am hooked.

My wife is from Barneveld in Holland, and I always saw people fishing in the creeks on the farms with the longest Rods I ever did see and was curious of what they were fihing for.
Thanks for the post.
Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.