baby bunkers

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  striblue 
#1 ·
Here is a whole mess of baby bunkers.

I understand that they do catch Stripers :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Joe

See less See more
#2 ·
Joe, nice profile pic and nice flies! The action in the water must be great with those materials.

I noticed that you live in CT. I'm in Portland, just a few blocks from the river. I've been thinking that some of us CT locals should get together in the off season for a tying session. Share some knowledge, tips, patterns, etc. Just something to think about. If I remember correctly you're in the Essex area, no? If so, you're pretty close to me.

I enjoy your flies. Between you and Striblue, we're getting some great contributions to the archives.

#4 ·
Get Together

Dble Haul said:
Joe, nice profile pic and nice flies! The action in the water must be great with those materials.

I noticed that you live in CT. I'm in Portland, just a few blocks from the river. I've been thinking that some of us CT locals should get together in the off season for a tying session. Share some knowledge, tips, patterns, etc. Just something to think about. If I remember correctly you're in the Essex area, no? If so, you're pretty close to me.

I enjoy your flies. Between you and Striblue, we're getting some great contributions to the archives.
Mark
This is something, I diffinatly would be interested in, I live in Chester Ct, which is even closer to Portland, as the fishing season comes closer to a ending
, lets talk about it.
Joe :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#8 · (Edited)
broche said:
Great looking flies - what is the material? Looks like polafibre but the heads are nice and small. Can you provide the recipe? I need a good high-profile fly.

Bill
Bill
The material is Polafibre, I don't know how to discribe the tieing sequence, so I will try to give you an idea on how I tie this fly.
It's tied HI-TIE , LOW-TIE. I start by tieing in a small bunch of Polafibre , about the size of a old fashion match stick, on top and in the rear of the hook, then directly under the first tie I tie in the second bunch, then I proceed forword in the same manner four times , always tie in one color on the bottom, and your choice of colors on top, together the fly is finished by useing four bunched of material, and applying your choice of eyes.
Try it see what you come up with, let me know if I can answer any other questions.
Almost forgot the hook size is Mustad 34007 1/0 and a very very small bunch of Red wool for the throat
Joe :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.