Fly Fishing Forum banner

Mind and flies - gone

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  bluefishercat 
#1 ·
I guess Alzhiemers is setting in. I labored long hours this winter crafting flies from the new DNA material. No cheap ass hooks on these, these were for my use, only the best would do! I was meticulous with these, it was some of my best work. I proudly showed them everywhere I went, extoling the virtues of this new material. Now it`s time to put them to the test - Gone!!! I have no idea what happened to them. 5-6 dozen in a new fly wallet. Lost ! I looked everywhere I could think of. Nada. Can`t even remember where I last had them. It must be time to join AARP. I can`t believe this could happen. Should have smoked less in the 70`s. Boy am I bummin`.
Steve

#2 ·
Happens to me all the time Steve: Car Keys, Cash, Credit Cards etc. Recently I had an early start kayak fishing session planned so I loaded everything up the night before. 10 miles down the interstate when suddenly I think "did I pack my paddle"? Nope! Back to the house, find paddle, reverse jeep, forgetting I now have an extra 5 feet sticking out back.

It was the odd cracking noise that let me know I'd reversed the Yak through the garage window.

Spent the next three hours cleaning up broken glass. Arrived at fishing location way too late for the bite. I do remember you showing me those flies at Wilmington - if thats any help:rolleyes:

#5 ·
Steve, there has been one key event in your life that may trigger your memory...You have a new vehicle! Did you leave them under the seat or somewhere in the old vehicle?
Life is simple when you only have flatwings and a floating line:D

#6 ·
"They're somewhere in on your workbench or in your closet.....,"
At least that's what my wife always tells me.....,
Good luck with the search.
DK
PS. Can't tell you the number of times I have had to borrow either sluggos or hooks from Keith (RipRyder) when #1 son remembered his spinning rod but forgot his hooks and or lures, after Keith dropped us off on Monomoy.:hehe:

#7 ·
Slinger.....if you are married.....the answer as to where they are is simple.....she put them where "they are supposed to be". As they are "flies"....look in the basement or garage where your bug spray is stored. Spent 10 minutes this morning looking for my heavy wool socks, prior to going to SB today....were they in the sock drawer????? of course not.....someone, not to be specifically mentioned, put them under my fleece pants.......obviously stored under the category of "warm things":D
Ron
PS: Don't feel bad about your memory, if my memory gets any worse, I'll be the guy at Rip Ryder wearing a name tag

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.