Fly Fishing Forum banner

What type fish do you yakflyfish for ?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  prouse 
#1 ·
I mainly do Smallmouth,Steelhead & Trout. How about you ? What waters do you fish ?

#4 ·
Lake and inshore saltwater species in general. The great thing about the yak is its versatility and portability. The spin guys have this game down to an art form. Fly fishing presents its own challenges but they can be overcome.

#7 ·
Bruce-

I have a wilderness sytems ride. I purchased mainly for stability- this boat is a slug in the water! However, on those days wehn the sound is glassy smooth I can stand on it to cast so I am pretty happy overall. My fishing buddy just purchase the Tarpon 160 and is expecting delivery this week. We are planning to head out to either Hood Canal or Poseesion this weekend.

He went out to Olympic Sports in Poulsbo to test a number of different boats (Pungo, Perception, Ocean Kayak) and came back with settling on the Tarpon. I would be happy to talk you through the selection process we both went through if you want- PM me and I will send you my contact info.

Pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.