Fly Fishing Forum banner

Hello

8K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Eddie O'Neill 
#1 ·
Hi Folks,

I have just moved from the UK ( Scotland ) to Massachusetts. I'm looking forward to fishing new venues. I've heard about the Swift and the Deerfield, they seem to be the most popular. Are there any other notable in rivers in Mass that are worth trying for trout?

I'm also looking forward to fly fishing for Bass, that'll also give me the opportunity to tie up some new flies. Looking forward to contributing to the forum.

I am currently living in Bridgewater.

#3 ·
You might add the Housatonic C&R stretch in Lee, all branches of the Westfield (there is a good C&R stretch in Chesterfield) and the Millers to your list. Closer to home you have the Quinapoxet,Ware, Nissitissit and Squannacook. Most if not all of these places should receive a fall stocking in the next couple of weeks. There are also tributaries to the Wachusett reservoir that get runs of wild landlocked salmon in the fall...lots of good fishing here this time of year.

#6 ·
Sorry I'm a day late in adding my warm welcome to our Fair Shores. Major Internet Provider went toes up yesterday morning. Talk about a total fiasco as as a lot of the area business' use their service for credit cards. Interesting to hit the grocery store and be greeted at the door with 'We're only taking cash or cheques as we've lost our on line service.'

Said 'OK' and headed across the street to the Subway Sandwich shop ... same deal. Cash only.

Went home empty handed.... and hungry.

Fred

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.