Fly Fishing Forum banner

Chatham Light, 10/17 am

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  JimW 
#1 ·
Took a ride down Sunday to test my new DFR replacement. Broke my heart to break that rod but all ends well. Wind seemed reasonable when I left the nearside and the flag at the 132 exit was moving modestly from the south west. Thought about Brewster but continued on. At Chatham, it was cold an blustery. Debated fishing while shooting the breeze with Leon for awhile. Figured it wouldn't be too bad tucked down by the rocks. It wasn't but it was dead and not much water within casting range. Birds and blitsing fish off in the distance. Bird were working down in the bowl out towards big girl so I headed that way. Talked to a plugger who'd gone out just before me and he'd picked up several fish in a short time from the point into the corner, one keeper. He said the birds were working but the fish were'nt showing unlike off in the distance. Fished that stretch for a while with no success. Flow was still out but water was thin by now. Shoulda gone that way to start. Seems that section has been carved out a bit and there's some depth availble. Suspect it might fish well mid tide down for a while. Back to Dennis to pick up my tieng stuff and check the house, then home in time for the Patriots.

#4 · (Edited)
A DFR for a DFR which was a surprise. The DFR was like an extention of my arm. Great rod. The only thing I didn't like about my original was the locking nuts on the reel seat, kinda hokie. The new rod as an updated configuration thats as nice as my Vector. I was afraid they wouldn't have any DFR's and I'd end up with the nano titanium or quartz. The Vector is sweet casting but can't hold a candle to the DFR for all around fishability .

What's the CPS? I'd hold out for at least a wayfarer.

#5 ·
The CPS looks to be their current top model and is supposed to be comparable to the TFS in action and price. Looks to me as if they've dropped the higher end rods but it's good to know they are replacing like for like on the higher end stuff.

The TFS was priced the same as the CPS, the wayfarer is a click in price but I've cast them and like the smooth action.

I've always gotten great service from Redington on warranty work but this is the 4th TFS that's become a 5pc. I guess I'm kinda glad they are replacing it with a different blank. I've fished the T&T vector more than the TFS and it's held up very well.

Thanks for the feedback Fred.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.