Fly Fishing Forum banner

It's a Girl!!

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  steelheadmike 
#1 ·
Signed the final papers on the new boat this morning!!!! She's a Maritime 20D and she will be home from the dealer next week. Let the fun begin.

#6 ·
Hey Mike,
Congrats on the New Boat purchase, my heart sores for your new toy. You will absolutely love being able to go wherever you feel like whenever you feel like. I can't believe it but my birthday is also 8/20 what a small world dude!!!! Happy Birthday to you buddy*** We definitely have to get together now that I know that you are a wacky LEO like me, I have my ear to the ground waiting for the first confirmed Albie report out in our neck of the woods, please email me so that I have your email addressstriper@optonline.net You feel like looking around Fishers Island with me this weekend??? There was alot of fish around them parts last wednesday, my wife and I had a ball with both blues and some large bass all chasing baby bunker, if so shoot me an email and we can coordinate the meeting spot.

Tightlines,
Mike M.

#7 ·
CONGRATS!!!!

A GREAT BOAT(ON OF MY TOP CHOICES ON MY SEARCH). WHAT DID YOU PICK FOR ELECTRONICS? ARE YOU TRAILERING OR DO YOU HAVE A SLIP? TOM D

#8 ·
Trailer / Slip / Electronics

Tom,

I am choosing to trailer the boat for a while. It definately has its strong points. If I feel like taking it to Barn Island or up to the Cape I can where as if I keep it around by me I think it will limit me. I have not put any electronics in it yet only because of $$. Plus where I will be fishing the next few weeks I really do not need any. But next month I will be putting in a Lowrance GPS/Sonar unit and instead of an on board radio I am choosing a hand held unit from Uniden. That way I can listen to the weather at home or in the car when I am traveling to new fishing grounds. The only other things I would like to add is rod holders,some tackle trays in the console and a bow rail and just maybe a poling platform. All of the add ons will come in time though. I need to run the boat for a while and see what its short comings are and from there I will figure out the "wants" from the "needs". I am sure the boat will have way more "wants" than "needs" by the time its all said and done. I really love the boat and how simple it is as well as the fact that there is not alot of gadgets and things to go wrong. All in all I am very pleased with the company and the boat. I spent 5 years looking and researching the best value for the dollar and I really think it was the right choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.