Fly Fishing Forum banner

Deerfield 10 - 19/20

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  aknightinak 
#1 ·
Took Fishgal out to the Deerfield this weekend for an introduction to trout fishing with a flyrod. 800cfs flows and rain were not supposed to be part of the picture, but we persevered, set up the tent and hit the water.

Although it took me approx. 2 years to catch a trout on the fly, Fishgal wasted no time in dispatching her first rainbow about 30 minutes into the action on Saturday. Armed with a 15 year old Fenwick and my old XL Red Ball waders, you might have mistaken her for one of the river regulars - NOT :devil: The smile said it all as we set the little fella back and she promply fell into the river. Can't wait to see the pictures :hehe:

Despite a chilly AM, Sunday shaped up to be a beautiful day with the rare low flow lasting all day long. Caught and released a number of fish and really enjoyed working every nook and cranny of pocket water in the upper C&R section. Just can't get enough of the big waters of western MA.

BigD

#3 ·
Ryan,

No dice on the shades. I looked all over for them where I thought you had changed but with all the leaves on the ground it was tough going.

They are probably still there. Maybe you and I can take the trip out and look this weekend as you probably have a better idea of where you left them (sounds like a good excuse to me ;) )

My only reponse to the Ugly Stik joke is: How was Lockdown? :devil:

Will call you tonight.

#7 ·
Dave,

Can do. Most of it is talking myself into carrying a two piece all that way. Maybe this time I'll get on the stick and mail my gear out ahead of me...or buy that pack rod :hehe:

Adam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.