Fly Fishing Forum banner

Intermediate line

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bonefishmon 
#1 ·
Looking for a new Intermediate line in a shooting head for a single hand rod. Ideally I'm looking for a line that sits right below the surface and sinks very slowly. I noticed that some companies are coming out with "hover" lines that seem to fit the bill for what I'm looking for. Somewhere between a floating line and an intermediate. Rio makes a hover in the AFS but only have double hand ratings. They also have an outbound integrated Hover for a 7 wt (275 gr) that might work. Any other suggestions?

#4 ·
I'm looking into the SA Streamer Express in a clear tip. The tip section has an intermediate sink rate of 1.75 - 2.25 IPS and looks to be thirty feet. A large diameter handling line of twelve feet (sinks) and fifty feet of running line behind it. I cast a prototype a while back and liked it on a rod I do not own. I like the idea of the integrated handling line for mending right after the cast for certain situations. This sinks a little faster than the intermediate SA in surf (color) but that line sinks faster than any I've used in salt water which which is needed more often then a very slow sink rate. Some don't sink at all after the cast and need a tug to get them started sinking.

Phil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.