Fly Fishing Forum banner

Rhodey Hardcore Clave Images

3K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Striper 
#1 · (Edited)
Yup a hurricane blew ashore down in La. this past Oct. We had a clave planned for South County Rhodey and there were predictions of 12' surf and torrential rains. A small ragtag band of us flew in it's face, showed up anyway. I wished I took more pictures.

#8 ·
Slinger said:
Wish I could post pics. I`ve got a picture of some guy, wrapped up in a fly line, posing with his first fly caught Fluke at the corner of the West Wall. The face is familiar but the name seems to elude me, any idea who it could be LeftY?
Slinger
Slinger,
My first fluke on the fly. If you bring it to the show and leave it with Juro I will scan it and add it to this thread. That fluke blitz was so funny. Nothing like saeeing fluke shooting 2' out of the water!!!:eyecrazy:

#17 ·
Lefty,
Thank you for the pics, brings back some nice memories of the fall and meeting all of you on that very difficult day. The fishing never materialized but the friendships made were more than worth the price of admission. I would be posting more pics myself had it not been for my bone headed mistake of leaving my digital camera in the live well of the boat, it got quite a nice washing in there and for some reason does not function anymore??????? DUH! In defense of myself the live well was the only place that I have that is completely dry, but when I used it the last time I forgot to close the sea cock and much to my surprise you don't have to turn on the pump for water to enter the live well, seems that the high speed pickup is all that is needed to easily fill er' up! $600.00 bucks down the drain.........UGH! Well maybe I will recieve a new one for christmas.

Tightlines,
Mike M.

#18 ·
Jim,

Way to go on the cham-albie. Their ability to blend into the background is astounding. Yours is clearly near to death yet it still blends in so well with your shirt and waders you would never know it was there unless someone pointed it out.

I myself have landed a couple of the chameleon albies but have yet to get such a fine bit of photographic evidence.

Terry,

Thanks for the pics. Brought back good, if fishless, memories.

#20 ·
Gregg, you got me. What we were really doing down in RI was Beta-testing John Morin's invisible wader technology. Of course it was far to dangerous to test on humans, and I don't believe in testing on monkeys. So we decided to test it on tunoids. Chuck even had one invisible hookup. :hehe:

#21 · (Edited)
Well JimW now you've done it ,the cat is out of the bag now. You can see very clearly the great design and technology that has gone into the "Invisible Waders" as I have a pair of them on in the preceeding picture. Very light weight, keep you dry, and you can show off your legs too!!!! :) :) :whoa: I think I was the only wacko that wore shorts that very windy day in Rhody!!

Tightlines,
Mike M.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.