Fly Fishing Forum banner

PM's - 1000 th Forumn Post

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  pmflyfisher 
#1 · (Edited)
Had to think a little about what to do for this forumn milestone.
I joined in late November 2001 now it is 7 months and 1,000 posts later.

Have enjoyed the information shared with the forumn's members from each area of the world. Learned a lot and I hope you have learned something from my posts.

Fly fishing is a wonderful out door sport in which you can enyoy nature, find solitude and pursue the complex challenges persented in the different types of fly fishing and species pursued. I have been doing since 12 years old thats 42 years ago.

I feel like I personally know many members but in reality there is not one member I have met in the flesh to date. Such is our cyber fly fishing world. Hopefully I will be able to personally meet many of you some day and fish together.

Below I attached a picture of me steelhead fly fishing in Michigan's Pere Marquette fly fishing only section. Probably my fondest north american river to date. If I had one day left to fish on earth and could have the PM to myself, this is probably where I would chose to spend it in pursuit of wild steelhead on the fly.

Look forward to more fly fishing information exchanges with the members.

Best,

Hal

See less See more
#3 ·
Congrats on the 1000th!

Never thought to look it up until I saw your post. Initially I was registered as "Fred Evans (122 posts)," and 'something electronic happened and I had to re-register (875 posts +1). So this one gets me to 998.

I think I'll get a bottle of good single malt and compose something pithie for mine ... while under the influence.:whoa:

#4 ·
Hal..I thought I had Lefty to worry about..but I have kept ahead of him with ease...Just posted My 2000 post a week or so ago... now I have you to worry about too... I am will be looking back constantly to keep ahead of you.:devil:

#14 ·
Fred,

I think you got to 1,000 posts by responding to my posts, so I think I should get some type of bonus posts or something like that.

BTW, at my local fly shop yesterday I noticed some odd looking flies in their cases which were basically small cuts of foam on a small plastic tube which had a marabou feathers around it. I asked the owner what these were and he said they are from Oregon, a drift fly fishing set up to be used with a Chuck n Duck slinkie type set up. That is the only way you could use this it is similar to a corkie drift rig. Ever seen these out there. The owner was not sure what they were called.

I told him my Oregon Rogue river FF colleague would be able to advise me what they were called. He had a lot of them to sell and I think I could get them real cheap but since I am not a chuck n duck guy but sink tip I have no use for them.

Ever seen these ?

Hal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.