Fly Fishing Forum banner

Sharp learning curve!

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
Okay, my wife is catching on pretty quick. We squeezed a few hours in on Sunday between rainstorms for some fishing. We took the john boat out to the pond and Anne started zinging her favorite frog colored panfish popper around with more ease than usual, and she did a pretty good job of hanging a few fish. The picture below shows one of the typical bass that she caught and released.

I can think of worse ways to spend an afternoon. Watching her catch fish on a flyrod is more fun for me than catching them myself when we're together. But if she starts getting really good, the courtesy first casts to prime structure are over.......;)

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
You're a lucky man! This reminds me, I once met a couple flyfishing on the cape. The guy was a righty and the girl was a lefty, great caster. They stood close and were able to talk without hooking each other. I walked past and said hello, and said something like "it must be great to have a girlfriend who flyfishes AND is a lefty".

She said "he forced me to learn lefty so I wouldn't hook him all the time!" :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.