Fly Fishing Forum banner

any reports from CT/RI?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  dave 
#1 ·
Has anyone been out along the eastern CT or southwestern RI shoreline? I'm thinking about throwing my kayak in the water on Saturday morning and was wondering if it was worth it. Thanks,
Dave.

#2 ·
4 of us hit the South County last Sat. We covered all the spots from the West Wall to Napetree in Watch Hill. Nothin doing, no baitfish seen, water was cold and clear. We evan spotted a seal. I would avoid it until a warmup period and head for the Seekonk River.

TerryW

#5 ·
I'm itchy too. I went out and finally got my Fresh Water Liscense this am. just to ease the pressure. Now I can fish with my kids, and to fish the dam in Lawrence. So I guess I'll do some trouting in the rain this weekend.

Hey Bob, Me and Sully will meet you at your boat and you can show us your Boston Habah spots (in about 4 weeks...doh).

Terry

#6 ·
I don't know which is worse, the fishing or the weather reports. Everyone I've talked to says the fishing is terrible so far along the Connecticut shore. It's an hour and a half drive for me to go striper fishing but only ten minutes to the Willimantic for trout. It looks like I'm going trout fishing tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.