Fly Fishing Forum banner

J Austin Frobes reels?

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  steelheadmike 
#1 ·
Does anybody have any experience with J Austin Forbes reels. I am looking at the Tarpon reel.

#2 ·
Andrew

I dont have personal experience with this reel but did a bit of a search. They're made in the UK and the list price theTarpon model is $434.

Anyone else out there have any experience - looking at their web-site they have some interesting products like the worlds smallest fully functional flyrod and reel!

#5 ·
I owned

I had the J.Austin Forbes III ( Blue ) Caged Frame. Loved the Reel. The large arbor wasnt so large but all in all I found it a great reel. Only reason I got rid of it was a friend was looking for his first "striper" reel and line, I had 1 too many reels in the arsenal. Sooooo now he is using it and LOVES it. One dilema that I had was the Saltwater Foot on the reel was too thick to fit the real seat on my Powell. I called them up and they sent me their standard foot as well as reel grease, line cleaner as well as some other neat stuff for FREE.

I found their customer service to be better than anyother company in the industry. KUDOS to J.Austin Forbes!!! I will be buying another soon.

By the way their US office is in CT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.