Fly Fishing Forum banner

Surface Fly Swap - Sign Up Sheet

4K views 26 replies 5 participants last post by  Tod D 
#1 ·
With apologies to Mike (for shamefully lifting his swap rules)… here are the guidelines for the surface fly swap:

1. Poppers, bangers, gurglers, sliders. You name it: if it floats, it’s in. Initially, I was thinking saltwater, but if you’re a sweetwater aficionado feel free to drop in a terrestrial pattern or – if you’re feeling up to it – a spun deerhair mouse… Use this thread to sign up.

2. Mailing deadline is February 28th. No deadline to sign up. (I’ll email/PM you my mailing address once you’ve signed up).

3. Submit 7 flies per person. Include the recipe, your return address, and $3 to cover postage, packing, etc. (If there is any change left over, we can put it into the forum).

4. Drop me an email w/ any questions.

Thanks & happy tying!

#3 ·
Bump...

Anyone, anyone...? Looks like it's Juro and me, swappin' flies. No complaints here: suspect I'll come away with some good ones. But, I know for a fact there are those of you out there who enjoy a good surface fly... Doc D, JimW - where are you?

#8 ·
Just a reminder - still time to join the surface fly swap. Mailing "deadline" is next Monday, 2/28...

Received Grizz's flies over the weekend. Very, very nice gurglers. Extremely nice... On second thought... the box was empty, can you send 7 more?...

I'll see if I can get a picture posted here, and will do the same w/ subsequent others.

#15 ·
Adrian et al,

I was just thinking about that last night...

I am hoping to get to Wilmington either late Saturday afternoon (Pinewood Derby in the am!), or Sunday. I'll post closer to next Friday, but that is definitely an option if folks want to hand off flies there. Even if I don't go, if JimW is there we could always arrange a hand off as we live close by.

Tod

#16 ·
Thats great! I am there Saturday and Sunday.

Actually I just got finished redoing the entire batch for the swap. :roll:

Funny how you forget important little things like making sure there's a nice solid thread/superglue base so the popper head doesn't spin around the hookshank! :frown:

They're lookin' good now though - just got to finish the eyes and I'm done - phew :smokin:

#17 ·
Adrian - Excellent.

Looking highly likely that I will be there SUNDAY. Weather doesn't look like it's going to cooperate, I've got a pinewood derby extravaganza to attend to Sat am, and my fly show buddies (dad & bro in law) probably won't make a Sat trip up in the snow...

#21 ·
Juro - any chance you can still make it in to the swap? Suspect you're up to your neck in lots 'o other stuff...

If not, Adrian,Doc,Grizz (& me)... I'll mail out the flies this Saturday am. Weekdays are tough to hit the PO. I figure everyone gets two of each...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.