Fly Fishing Forum banner

Does this weather bite or what?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  PeteGray 
#1 ·
I'm not one for suicidal tendencies but when I looked out this morning it looked a little macabre.

Dave Williams - I can't thank you enough for arranging tomorrow's casting clave! Timing was just right, soon we will be beyond the shack nasties and this is the perfect way to bridge the seasons.

Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

#3 ·
After spending a week in the NE couldn't wait to get back to the drizzle of the Pacific North west. Trees in bud, some in blossom and last night the tree frogs were doing thier noisy thing in the pond by my house for the 1st time this year.
You all have to do something fast about your weather or the stripers won't show up till July.

Sorry guys didn't mean that last nasty remark.
When was the latest date that any of you have ever heard of fish arriving in the Boston area?

#4 ·
GRego: I detect an attitude.
Here's what I have to say: <b><font size="3">

2 WEEKS TIL FISHING
2 WEEKS TIL FISHING
2 WEEKS TIL FISHING
2 WEEKS TIL FISHING
2 WEEKS TIL FISHING
2 WEEKS TIL FISHING
2 WEEKS TIL FISHING
2 WEEKS TIL FISHING
2 WEEKS TIL FISHING
2 WEEKS TIL FISHING
2 WEEKS TIL FISHING
2 WEEKS TIL FISHING

#5 ·
I left Chicago this morning, 50's sunny, generally lovely late March weather, and arrived at Logan to find myself in a remake of the Noah's Ark movie.

Had to sit a hundred yards or so off the terminal and wait for a gate to open, and the wind made an otherwise stationary plane feel like we were going through moderate turbulence. Just wonderful...

#6 ·
Caddis -

I recall one April when the south side of the cape was packed with fish, and I also recall a year when it was well into May before there was any consistency in the same areas. The migration patterns vary but some years they seem to be much later than others. I hope this is an early year.

#7 ·
I'm packing a lunch and heading to the Holyoke dam on the CT River...to watch farm animals, trees, and other assorted parts of VT/NH float by on their way to the Sound...It all inspires increased vigillance once I finally launch my boat...lots to hit soonerorlater! Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.